To see some of Nina’s foreign edition covers, click on the Foreign Editions page.
I am available to speak to RWA chapters, writers’ groups, community groups, libraries, and schools. What can I say, I love to teach! Request a Workshop.
I have spoken and taught various writing workshops and semester-length courses for California State University, RWA National conference, many RWA chapters, The Romantic Times Convention, and my local adult ed, high school and elementary schools, as well as teaching courses on the Internet. I’d characterize my teaching style as fast-paced and humorous, informative, and usually very hands-on.
My home town is Charleston, South Carolina, but I’m willing to travel, with expenses.
To ask about a speaking engagement , click below.
Workshops I have taught (and level):
- The Writer’s Life (general interest)
- Plotting the Bestseller Before You Start Writing (basic)
- Self-Publishing: Myths and Realities (general interest)
- Point of View: the Cornerstone of Great Writing (basic)
- The Three Act Story Structure (basic)
- Opening Hooks: How to Grab Your Reader (basic)
- Emotional Zing (intermediate)
- Scene and Sequel: Never have Writers Block Again (intermediate)
- Thrill-A-Minute Mystery, Suspense, and Romantic Suspense Techniques (intermediate)
- The Reader Contract: What Promises Do You Make Your Reader? (advanced)
- Voice: The Ultimate Secret to Staying Published (advanced)
My RWA chapter affiliations:
- Local chapter: Lowcountry RWA
- Other chapters:
- Kiss of Death: RWA Mystery/Suspense Chapter
- RWA Screenwriters